Ways to Help
Give a little, change a lot. You make all the difference.
The work of the volunteer Foundation board is to provide responsible stewardship of all donations, whether large or small, and to reward the donor’s generosity by honoring the donor’s wishes.
Foundation programs include providing support for:
- Educational field trips
- Extra instructional materials
- Health assistance for students in need
- Advanced training for teachers
- Innovative reading programs
- Assistance for students financially unable to participate in extracurricular activities
- Improved facilities
- Scholarships for graduating students
Gifts may include:
- Real Estate
- Appreciated Securities
- Deferred gifts like life insurance bequests, will beneficiary, charitable trusts (Planned Giving)
Gifts in excess of $7,500 may be designated for specific uses. Gifts of lesser amounts will be used for the specific purposes of a fundraiser, or to support the education and well-being of Vinton-Shellsburg students.
Mike Barron, VSCSD Treasurer
Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District Foundation
205 W 4th Street, P.O. Box 640
Vinton, IA 52349