Gifts, large or small, make all the difference
Join the combined generosity of hundreds of individuals and civic organizations that have been responsible for:
- Funds for scholarships. In 2014, we awarded $15,100.00 in scholarships, bringing the total awarded scholarships to $177,450.00 since 1998.
- Facilities improvements. Through recent and past contributions, V-S students and patrons enjoy excellent facilities. Superb athletic facilities have been provided through family, booster club, and individual financial and in-kind contributions. The Animal Learning Lab provides a classroom and lab setting for our students in the Agriculture program.
- A $14 million high school was made possible in part by a donation of 38 acres of land and broad community support.
- Funding field trips that give students educational experiences away from their regular school environment.
You can help in “Building a Strong Commitment”
- Real Estate
- Appreciated Securities
- Deferred gifts like life insurance bequests, will beneficiary, charitable trusts (Planned Giving)
- Fine Arts
- Academic Areas
Donations may be made through RevTrak, our online donation service, or by mail. To make an online donation, please click on the RevTrak logo in the right column. Instructions for using RevTrack can be found here.
Please mail donations to:
Mike Barron, VSCSD Treasurer
Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District Foundation
205 W 4th Street, P.O. Box 640
Vinton, IA 52349
To contact VSCSD Foundation for other purposes, please visit our Contact Page.
Ways to Contribute
Impact Now Fund
Cash donations, both large and small, will be used to purchase items of immediate need as designated by the VSCSD Staff.
Gifts in any amount may be made at any time and will be allocated through the VSCSD Foundation Fund granting program or through the special funding process.
You may make a contribution to one of the Foundation’s many scholarship or enhancement funds, or designate your gift to a new support fund.
Endowed scholarship or funds can be established with an initial contribution of $7,500. This investment will support students or programs in perpetuity. The scholarship or fund can be established in your name, the name of your family or an organization, or to memorialize another individual. You may also set criteria for applicants and even be involved in the selection of recipients.
Put a plan in place that will have a lasting impact on the students of Vinton-Shellsburg Community Schools without jeopardizing your financial situation. You may be surprised how easy it is to make a modest or substantial gift. Plus, many planned giving have income or estate tax benefits as well. Contact the Foundation or your financial advisor for more information on planned giving.