The Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District Foundation (V-SCSDF) is a non-profit, 501C3 charitable corporation dedicated to improving education for students. The Foundation is operated by an independent board of volunteers working closely with the school district which serves the areas of Vinton, Garrison, Shellsburg, Mount Auburn and Brandon.
Through the V-SCSDF, donors have complete assurance that 100% of their gifts will reach the group of students or programs that they wish to support. Gifts can be designated for specific purposes, or left undesignated for meeting needs determined jointly by the Foundation and the school district.
“Education is a gift given by one generation to all that follow.”
The organization is operated exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes:
- To maintain, develop, increase and extend the facilities and services of the Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District and to provide broader educational service opportunities to its students, staff, faculty and the residents of the geographical area which it serves;
- To solicit and receive by gift, grant, devise or bequest and to acquire by purchase, lease, exchange or otherwise, property, both real and personal, either as absolute owner or as trustee thereof, and to manage and administer the same;
- To make contributions, grants, gifts, and transfers of property, both real and personal, either outright or in trust, to or for the benefit of the Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District, or to or for the benefit of other organizations identified and associated with the Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District, which are tax-exempt organizations under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States of America, or acts amendatory thereof or supplementary thereto.
- To support students financially in their post High School academic preparations through scholarships.
- To support specific initiatives of the school district to meet facility, programming or cultural needs of the students.
- To support specific initiatives of individual teachers and/or departments to provide educational opportunities for students.
- To provide leadership in the procurement of monetary gifts from donors who want to support the district and students.